Get Involved - Cleveland TGA Planning Council
The Cleveland Regional HIV Services Planning Council represents the Transitional Grant Area (TGA) that includes the following counties: Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, and Medina.
The mission of the Planning Council is to plan for the comprehensive delivery of HIV/AIDS services and allocation of resources for the TGA, as mandated by the Ryan White Part A federal legislation. The goal of the Planning Council is to identify HIV positive individuals, see that they are linked into care, stay in care and improve health outcomes.
The Planning Council currently has 40 members, at least 33% of which are persons living with HIV/AIDS. Members are appointed by the Cuyahoga County Executive and Mayor of the City of Cleveland. Council members identify and rank service priorities and determine funding allocations based on needs assessment data gathered from each local jurisdiction in the TGA and other relevant data.
Planning Council meetings take place the third Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Old Brooklyn Neighborhood Family Services Center located at 4261 Fulton Parkway, Cleveland, OH 44144. All meetings are open to the public.
The Cleveland TGA Planning Council also has five subcommittee groups:
- Executive Committee: Members shall work with the grantee agency to review monthly fiscal reporting data, review contract status data, establish the granting time lines, and monitor compliance with funding requirements.
- Membership, Retention, and Marketing: Members will monitor council membership and TGA outreach efforts to promote increased awareness and utilization of prioritized services.
- Strategy & Finance: Members shall be responsible for oversight of the direct services allocations and expenditures, resource allocation and reallocation according to priorities set by the Planning Council and spending trends.
- Consumer AIDS Advisory Panel (CAAP): Members include consumers who seek to improve Ryan White services by informing the Planning Council with their ideas, experiences and vision in order to improve the coordination of Ryan White services within the TGA and increase the health outcomes of PLWHA.
Quality Improvement: This committee oversees all quality activities of the Ryan White Part A Program. The QI Committee ensures that services funded by Part A meet or exceed established HIV clinical standards and Public Health Services guidelines.
Planning Council Meeting Minutes and Agendas:
- January 2013 - Planning Council Minutes
- February 2013 - Planning Council Minutes
- March 2013 Planning Council Minutes
- April 2013 Planning Council Minutes
- April Executive Committee Minutes
- April CAAP Meeting Minutes
- April Strategy and Finance Minutes
- May 2013 Planning Council Agenda
For more information regarding the Cleveland Regional HIV Services Planning Council please contact:
Jeff Daniel, Planning Council Manager - 877.336.5503