Ryan White HIV/Aids Planning Council
Cuyahoga Regional HIV Health Services Ryan White Planning Council represents the Transitional Grant Area (TGA) that includes the following counties: Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, and Medina.
The mission of the Planning Council is to plan for the comprehensive delivery of HIV/AIDS services and allocation of resources for the TGA. The goal of the Planning Council is to identify HIV positive individuals, see that they are linked into care, stay in care and improve health outcomes.
The Planning Council consists of a maximum of thirty-five (35) members, at least 33% of which are persons living with HIV/AIDS. Members are appointed by the Cuyahoga County Executive and Mayor of the City of Cleveland. Council members identify and rank service priorities and determine funding allocations based on needs assessment data gathered from each local jurisdiction in the TGA and other relevant data.
Planning Council meetings take place the third Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Please see the meeting notices (posted below) for location. All meetings are open to the public.
The Cleveland TGA Planning Council also has five subcommittee groups:
- Executive Committee: Members shall work with the grantee agency to review monthly fiscal reporting data, review contract status data, establish the granting time lines, and monitor compliance with funding requirements.
- Membership, Retention, and Marketing: Members will provide oversight and maintenance of the Planning Council membership outreach efforts to promote increased awareness and utilization of prioritized services for people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Strategy & Finance: Members shall be responsible for oversight of the direct services allocations and expenditures, resource allocation and reallocation according to priorities set by the Planning Council and spending trends. This committee will also ensure the development of an ongoing process to evaluate and identify unmet service needs, which are eligible for funding through the Part A Program.
- Community Liaison Committee (CLC): Members include community members who seek to improve Ryan White services by informing the Planning Council of their ideas, experiences and vision in order to improve the coordination of Ryan White services within the TGA and increase the health outcomes of PLWHA.
- Quality Improvement: This committee oversees all quality activities of the Ryan White Part A Program. The QI Committee ensures that services funded by Part A meet or exceed established HIV clinical standards and Public Health Services guidelines.
Planning Council Resources:
Planning Council Meeting Minutes and Agendas:
- Please note there are no Planning Council Meetings in December
For more information regarding the Cuyahoga Regional HIV Services Planning Council please contact:
Sharron Harris, Cleveland TGA Planning Council Manager
email@example.com (301) 807-2196
Or e-mail Planning Council Support at ClevelandTGAPC@ccbh.net