Child and Family Health Services
The Child and Family Health Services (CFHS) program helps pregnant women and children stay healthy. CFHS also collects information from the community on health in order to help develop programs for the community.
CFHS services help:
- Families find a doctor
- Families get medical insurance
- Women have healthy babies
- Women who need support for postpartum depression
- Children eat healthy and exercise
- Help businesses create and implement employee breast feeding policies: "Business Case for Breast Feeding"
Keeping you and your family healthy is very important
Some of the ways to be healthy are:
- Going to the doctor for regular check-ups
- If you are pregnant, getting prenatal care early (within the first 3 months of pregnancy)
- Exercising at least 3 days a week
- Going to the dentist for regular check-ups
- Eating fruits and vegetables everyday
- Making sure your child gets his/her shots on time
- Quit smoking
To schedule a doctor's visit, contact CFHS providers
MetroHealth Broadway Health Center MetroHealth
6835 Broadway Ave
Cleveland Ohio 44105
MetroHealth Medical Center
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109
Northeast Ohio Neighborhood Center
East Cleveland Health Center
15201 Euclid Ave
The Child and Family Health Services (CFHS) program collects health related information in Cuyahoga County to help explain the health of our community and also to help create programs to improve healthy behaviors and access to care.
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) is used to gather information from middle school and high school students in Cuyahoga County about how they are feeling and what they are doing on a daily basis that impacts their health. The YRBS is conducted by the Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods at Case Western Reserve University.
CFHS also produces an Indicators Report that provides health-related information by neighborhood. Below are links to these latest reports.
Cuyahoga County Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and Indicators Reports:
2012 Consortium Meeting powerpoints
2013 Consortium Meeting powerpoints
2014 Consortium Meeting powerpoints
phone: 216-201-2000 ext. 1517