Ohio Child Care Referral & Resource Program
For an Appointment or Information Call
|Brandy Hudson216-201-2001 ext 1327
Nurses provide free healthcare training to child care centers and family child care homes in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Portage and Summit Counties. The program is funded by the Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association (OCCRRA).
- All trainings are free of charge
- The center receives free in-service hours for training
- Training sessions range from 1 to 3.5 hours in length
- Trainings can be scheduled at a time convenient for the provider
Common Training Topics include:
- Hand washing
- Healthy Programs (parts 1-4)*
- Preschool Vision Screening Training
- Prevent Blindness Ohio
- Safe Sleep
*trainings are Step Up to Quality approved
This program does not provide child-specific training. Centers with children in Cuyahoga County with special needs are eligible for child specific training.
Click here for more information about child-specific training in Cuyahoga County
Related or Community Resources and Links
Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association.