Starting Point Special Needs Child Care
What We Do
Starting Point Special Needs Child Care is a program that helps child care providers care for children with medical needs.
A nurse will meet and train the provider on the child's needs.
The nurse can help with:
- Illnesses or Disorders
- Medical conditions (Asthma, Allergies, Seizures)
- Feeding problems
- Medication and side effects
- Care after Surgery
- Medical paperwork
If you are a PARENT, the nurse will:
- meet with you and help you make plans to care for your child
- help you get the forms you need signed by your childís doctor
- teach the person who cares for your child about his/her illness and any medicine that need to be given
If you are a CHILD CARE PROVIDER, the nurse can:
- Help you with the paperwork needed for children with medical conditions
- Train you and your staff about the needs of the child and how to give them medication or treatment.
- Loan you medical tools and supplies such as a breathing machine or feeding pump to be used by children enrolled in the program
Education and Training
If you would like training for yourself or your staff, please contact Brandy Hudson at 216-201-2000 × 1327 or email@example.com
If you need help with training your child care provider,please contact Brandy Hudson at 216-201-2000 × 1327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Related or Community Resources and Links
For more information about this and other early childhood programs, please visit Invest in Children of Cuyahoga County