What We Do
Starting Point Special Needs Child Care is a program that helps child care providers care for children with medical needs.
A nurse will meet and train the provider on the child’s needs.
The nurse can help with:
- Illnesses or Disorders
- Medical conditions (Asthma, Allergies, Seizures)
- Feeding problems
- Medication and side effects
- Care after Surgery
- Medical paperwork
If you are a PARENT, the nurse will:
- meet with you and help you make plans to care for your child
- help you get the forms you need signed by your childís doctor
- teach the person who cares for your child about his/her illness and any medicine that need to be given
If you are a CHILD CARE PROVIDER, the nurse can:
- Help you with the paperwork needed for children with medical conditions
- Train you and your staff about the needs of the child and how to give them medication or treatment.
- Loan you medical tools and supplies such as a breathing machine or feeding pump to be used by children enrolled in the program
Education and Training
For childcare training referrals, please contact Debbie Busdiecker at 216-201-2000 × 1304 or email@example.com
Related or Community Resources and Links
For more information about this and other early childhood programs, please visit Invest in Children of Cuyahoga County
Starting Point for Early Childcare & Early Education