About the Health Commissioner
Terry Allan has served area residents for 22 years in the public health field with a background that includes direct program and administrative experience in Environmental Health, Epidemiology and Surveillance, and Community Health.
Cuyahoga County's Health Commissioner since 2004, Mr. Allan earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Bowling Green State University and his Master of Public Health degree from the University of Hawaii.
An adjunct faculty member at Case Western Reserve University's School of Medicine, he also co-chaired the Health and Caring Investment Committee for the United Way of Greater Cleveland from 2005-2007.
Mr. Allan’s local professional affiliations include:
- Association of Ohio Health Commissioners, Past President
- Cuyahoga County Family & Children First, Council Member
- Cuyahoga County Invest in Children Initiative, Executive Committee
- CWRU Clinical Translation Science Collaborative, Internal Advisory Board Member
- CWRU Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods, Executive Commitee Member
National professional affiliations include:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Public Health Leadership Institute, Year 13 Scholar
- Institute of Medicine - Roundtable on Population Health Improvement, Member
- National Association of County & City Health Officials, Current President
- National Public Health Accreditation Board - Standards Development & Standards Revision Workgroups, Member
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development’s Office of Healthy Homes & Lead Hazard Control, Advisory Panelist
Administration Services provides coordination for all agency functions including: fiscal management, grants, human resources, information technology, legal, policy, and program planning. The development of agency priorities, performance goals and strategic planning efforts in the areas of Environmental Public Health, Epidemiology, Surveillance and Informatics, and Prevention & Wellness are facilitated by the Organizational Development Unit.
Click here to access the Administration Services Staff Directory.