School Health Nursing Services
Healthy children are better learners. Make sure your child knows how important:
- 8-10 hours of sleep each night
- A healthy breakfast
- 30-60 minutes of exercise daily
- A yearly doctor exam and a dental exam every 6 months
- Hand washing
For an Appointment or Information Call
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health provides contracted nursing services.
Our goal is to keep students in school
- Manage long term health problems such as asthma, diabetes, serious allergies and seizure disorders
- Give first aid for injuries
- Assess student illness
- Control and track illnesses such as flu, staph, etc.
- Screen vision, hearing, height, weight, etc.
- Keep up-to-date health records
- Track baby and child shots
- Give medication
- Teach health
- Help to build new health policies
- Train school personnel
- Link parents and students to community resources
- Check for lice and bed bugs
- Report child abuse case