This site demands javascript

CCBH
Main Menu

1922

CHARITY HOSPITAL NURSES
Opened “against the backdrop of a soul-searing Civil War and a spirit saddened by the assassination of a president,” St. Vincent Charity Hospital filled a void in Cleveland’s healthcare landscape. Mother Augustine was the first superior of the hospital. She and seven Sisters took up their duties on October 5, 1865. Their practice of always aiding the sick and suffering regardless of creed, race or ability to pay is still ongoing. Here is a class of St. Vincent nurses from the 1920s.



1