Travel Vaccines / Immunizations
|To schedule an appointment216.201.2041
Travel can be a lot of fun. It’s a great way to learn more about our world and its people, but there can be health risks when traveling and living in some parts of the world. You should have a review of your travel plan if you plan to travel out of the country. This will help prepare you for any health risks that might arise on your trip. The Cuyahoga County Board of Health has a travel clinic that can help you. The travel clinic provides a travel assessment, vaccines, and prescriptions to help prevent illness during your travels.
In the travel assessment a nurse and doctor will discuss items including:
- When does your trip begin?
- What countries will you visit? In what order?
- How long will you stay in each country?
- What types of places will you stay? Hotels? Homes?
- Where will you eat your meals and get water to drink?
- In what types of activities will you take part?
- Do you know if insects are a problem where you are going?
- Do you have allergies, a chronic illness or medical condition? Are you pregnant?
- What medications do you take?
- What vaccines have you already had?
- What vaccines do you need to get?
- How to schedule needed vaccines. Some can be given together, some require more than one dose and some must be separated in time from other vaccines.
Available Travel Vaccines
- Yellow Fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
Click here to view all of our clinic services.