Prevention & Wellness provides population and community based services in Cuyahoga County and Northeastern Ohio. Our programs and services aim to improve health status and eliminate differences in health outcomes of people who live, work and play in our communities. Staff includes nurses, social workers, dieticians, community health educators, case managers and support staff.
Click here for the Prevention and Wellness Employee Directory
Our programs and services
Shape health policy in our area
Promotes healthy lifestyles
- Tobacco-Free Living– provides information about smoking effects, referrals for help to quit smoking, and assistance helping school and work sites develop 100% tobacco-free policies.
- School Health– Provides contracted nursing services and wellness activities.
Increase access & affordability of health care by linking people to services and resources available in our area
Provide low to no cost safety net services
Provide outreach services and education to at-risk and difficult to reach populations
- Welcome Home – Newborn home visiting to at-risk families within the first 6 weeks of life
- Teen Wellness Initiative– Sexual education in the Cleveland Municipal School District for 9th and 10th graders and community based pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection prevention.
- Prevent Premature Fatherhood– targets pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection prevention education to teenage boys.
- Personal Responsiblity and Education Program (PREP)– targets pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection prevention education to youth in the foster care and juvenile justice systems.
Provide health-related surveillance and analysis
Collaborates with other professionals and agencies throughout our region
- Immunization Action Plan – works with health care providers to increase the number of children who receive their shots on time.