Welcome Home Newborn Visiting Program
Bringing home a new baby is an exciting and potentially frightening time for parents. The Welcome Home Newborn Visiting program provides a home visit from a registered nurse within the first 6 weeks of the baby coming home. A home visiting representative will sign up eligible families during their stay in participating hospitals.
During the home visit, the nurse will:
- Weigh your baby
- Do a baby health check
- Talk with you about baby care
- Give you a free diaper bag and resources
- Answer questions about baby and self care
Common questions or concerns include:
- Feeding including bottle and breast
- Safe sleeping arrangements
- Weight loss
- Umbilical cord healing
- Maternal depression
Home Visiting is provided free of charge by funding through Invest in Children.
Resources and Links
Brandy Hudson, R.N., B.S.N.
(216) 201-2000 ext. 1327