Farm to School
Farm to School links schools and local farms with the goals of serving healthy meals in school, improve student food options, educate students, and support local and regional farmers.
Benefits of a Farm to School program
- More fresh foods on the school menu
- Kids learn about where their food comes from and what it looks like when it is grown
- More students take part in the school meal program
- Fresher food tastes better
- Decreased food miles
- Money is put back into Ohio's economy
Farm to School Programs in Cuyahoga County
South Euclid-Lyndhurst School District
How do we become a Farm to School District?
- Form a group of people who would like to see more fresh foods on the school menu
- Gather information to support a program
- Meet with other programs
- Make a plan
Success Story from the South Euclid-Lyndhurst City School District
Tips for Using Locally Grown Products Safely
If you would like help with starting a Farm to School program, please call 216-201-2000 ext. 1513 or ext. 1544 for more information.