Ohio Partnership To Improve Oral Health
through Access to Needed Services
Dental OPTIONS is a program that helps people with low income and no dental insurance get discounted dental care.
- Children 19 years and younger should apply for Healthy Start & Healthy Families first.
- Dental OPTIONS does not help with dental emergencies.
- There is a wait list to begin treatment.
- Dental OPTIONS is a statewide program.
This office serves these counties: Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, and Wayne.
If you have a dental emergency, there are safety net dental clinics you may call. These clinics also offer discounted prices. Click here for a list of safety net dental clinics.
How do I qualify?
- If you do NOT have dental insurance
- If you do NOT have Medicaid
- If you have a low household income
What does Dental OPTIONS do?
- Pulling Teeth
- Root Canals
- Gum Disease Treatment
What is NOT Offered?
- Cosmetic services
- Teeth whitening
How Do I Apply?
- Call 1-888-765-6789 (toll-free) to get an application sent to you.
OR you can download the application by clicking here.
- Send proof of income from all people living in the home with you (ex. 2-3 recent paystubs or benefits statement).
- Mail application to address on the top of application.
- You will be sent notice through U.S. mail whether you are approved or denied
If I'm Approved, What Are the Next Steps?
- You will be put on a wait list for the county you live in. Wait lists vary by county and average from 6-24 months.
- Once you reach the top of the wait list, you will be sent contact information for your assigned dentist.
- You begin treatment and keep in touch with Dental OPTIONS.
- You can have up to 3 years to finish your treatment.
- You must wait 3 years before you can apply again.
Dental OPTIONS is always looking for volunteer dentists to help improve access to good oral health. Please see form below.
- Dental OPTIONS Program Application
- Volunteer Dentist Registration Form
- List of Safety Net Dental Clinics in Northeast Ohio
Link for Medicaid information:
Tips for Good Oral Health:
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day
- Clean between your teeth 1 time a day with floss
- Eat a healthy diet and limit snacking
- Visit the dentist at least 2 times per year
- Children should see a dentist by their 1st birthday